Since November 2018, I am Associate Professor at the University of L'Aquila, Italy. I received the Laurea Degree in Electrical Engineering in July 2000 and the Ph.D degree in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science in June 2004, from the University of L'Aquila. I was recipient in 2001 of the Fondazione Filauro Scholarship, at the College of Engineering, University of L’Aquila, Italy.
I was visiting scholar at the University of Cambridge (UK) in 2002/2003 and assistant researcher in 2003 and research fellow in 2004 at the University of Twente (The Netherlands). From April 2005 to September 2006 I was a postdoctoral researcher at the University of L'Aquila, and from October 2006 to December 2007, a postdoctoral researcher at the University of California at Los Angeles (USA). I was Assistant Professor at the University of L'Aquila from 2008 to 2018.
My research interests are mostly focussed on modeling, analysis and control of embedded, networked and distributed cyber-physical systems. Other research interests include mathematical systems theory.
- Trésorier of the European Embedded Control Institute
- European Control Conference 2021, IPC
- Hybrid Systems: Computation and Control 2021, IPC
- 29th IEEE Mediterranean Conference on Control and Automation, IPC
- January 10th 2020: Obtained National Scientific Abilitation (ASN) for the role of Professor (Professore di prima fascia) in automatic control and systems theory in Italy
- February 11th 2019: Associate Editor of the European Journal of Control
- December 8th, 2017: Obtained funds for research activities by the Ministry of Education according to Legge 11 dicembre 2016, n. 232, art.1, commi 295-302, see here
- SIDRA PhD Italian School on Systems and Control Theory: Formal methods for the control of large-scale networked nonlinear systems with logic specifications Organizers: Maria Domenica Di Benedetto and Giordano Pola, Bertinoro, Italy, July 3-8, 2017
Recent journal papers
- Output Feedback Reachability of Controlled-Observable States for Nondeterministic Finite-State Systems, by Tommaso Masciulli, Elena De Santis, and Maria Domenica Di Benedetto, accepted for publication in the IEEE Control Systems Letters, 2021
- Symbolic control design of incrementally stable nonlinear systems with dynamic regular language specifications, by Tommaso Masciulli and Giordano Pola, accepted for publication in Automatica, in press, 2021
- Maximal Safe Set Computation for Pressure Swing Adsorption Processes, by Mohammad Fakhroleslam, Shohreh Fatemi, Ramin Bozorgmehry Boozarjomehry, Elena De Santis, Maria Domenica Di Benedetto, Giordano Pola, Computers & Chemical Engineering, no. 109, pp. 179-190, 2018