- Professor and Researcher (RTD/B on a Tenure Track, in the Italian academic system) in Computer Engineering @ Dept. of Information Engineering, Computer Science and Mathematics (DISIM) of University of L'Aquila (Italy)
- Holding a National Scientific Habilitation, by ANVUR (Italian National Agency for the Evaluation of Universities and Research), as Associate Professor in both Computer Engineering (ING-INF/05, since 2019) and Computer Science (INF/01, since 2023) scientific sectors
- Teaching Big Data: Models and Algorithms and Algorithm Engineering @ Dept. of Information Engineering, Computer Science and Mathematics (DISIM) of University of L'Aquila (Italy)
- Co-Founder of TEEMA, spin-off of the University of L'Aquila. We develop web-based tools to model complex systems and analyze their (geometrical and electromagnetic) properties through fast and scalable cloud-based algorithms for big-data
- I am interested in the Design, Analysis and Efficient Implementation of Algorithms. My work follows an Algorithm Engineering approach, combining theory and experimentation, and is (currently) mostly focused on: algorithms for efficient processing of massive (possibly dynamic) graphs; study of distributed systems, networks, systems of autonomous entities (e.g. agents, robots or drones) from an algorithmic perspective (including game theoretic, strategic aspects).
A summary of current and past activities can be found here: www.mattiademidio.com
Office hours are as follows:
- Thursday: 11:00 - 13:00
- Online, via Teams, upon request.