My general research area is Software Engineering, with specific interests on extra functional properties and adaptation. In practice, I am currently researching into the following topics:
- Software modeling;
- Software Performance Analysis;
- Performance Antipatterns;
- (Performance) model-based run-time reconfiguration;
- Non-Functional Analysis of Context-aware systems;
- Bio-inspired paradigms for self-adaptive systems.
I am a member of the Software Engineering and Architecture Laboratory and I belong to the following research groups:
- Quality of Service Group;
- Bio-inspired Software Engineering Group;
- Bio-Informatics Group;
I am also a collaborator of the SENSO LAB at the Middlesex University, London, U.K.
- Territori Aperti
- VISION ERC FP7 ideas Project -grant number 240555. (2010-2014)
- CONNECT FET Project (Grant agreement no.: 231167) (2009-2012).
- STEM and PROTEUS Language. Project in collaboration with Franco Raimondi- Middlesex University, London, U.K.
- PANDA-AEMILIA. Internal Project.
- PLASTIC Strep Project - grant number 026955. (2005-2009)
- SIMPLICITY European Project - IST-2004-507558.
- MIUR D-ASAP (2008-2009), PRIN Project
- MIUR PACO PRIN Project (2008-2009)
- MIUR SAHARA 2002-2003, PRIN Project
- MIUR PERFORMANCE - Valutazione delle Prestazioni dei Sistemi Complessi: Tecniche, Metodologie e Strumenti. - FIRB Project
- Special session on “the quest for case studies” within the 4th International Workshop on Principles of Engineering Service-Oriented Systems (PESOS 2012)
- The 23rd IEEE/ACM International Conference on Automated Software Engineering (ASE) 2008.
- The 1st International Workshop on Automated engineeRing of Autonomous and run- tiMe evolvIng Systems (ARAMIS 2008).
- International Conference on the Quality of Software Architectures (2009-2013);
- European Performance Engineering Workshop (EPEW 2012)
- Workshop on Research and Use of Multiformalism Modeling Methods (WRUMMM 2012)
- The Seventh International Conference on Software Engineering Advances (ICSEA 2012)
- 4th International Symposium on Applied Sciences in Biomedical and Communication Technologies (ISABEL 2011);
- 13th European Workshop on Dependable Computing (EWDC 2011);
- Special Session on "Quality and Service-Oriented Applications" of Euromicro Conference on Software Engineering and Advanced Applications (SEAA) 2008 - 2010;
- International Conference on Global Defense and Business Continuity, ICGD&BC;
- International Conference on Digital Telecommunications (ICDT);
- International Conference on Intensive Applications and Services (INTENSIVE).
Reviewer for the following Journals
- IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering.
- IEEE Internet Computing.
- ACM Computer Survey.
- ACM Transactions on Autonomous and Adaptive System.
- Springer Journal on Software and Systems Modeling.
- Elsevier Journal of Systems and Software.
- International Journal of Computing and Information Sciences.
- International Journal of Information Technology & Decision Making.
- ACM Mobile Computing and Communications Review (MC2R).
- LNCS Proceedings on COGNITIVE BEHAVIOURAL SYSTEMS, CFP .